Thursday, August 25, 2005

Crucifiction

The hands-down winner of the contest for this week’s “Headline of the Week” is Marvin Olasky, for World Magazine’s “Who Would Jesus Assassinate?”
As the University of Texas Professor avers, “the Bible offers no warrant for Pat Robertson’s fatwa.” (Just in case you’ve been on a Rip van Winkle, I’ll allow Olasky to explain: “Pat Robertson last week, on his long-running TV show The 700 Club . . . suggested that U.S. operatives assassinate Venezuelan dictator Hugo Chavez: ‘We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability. . . . I don’t know about this doctrine of assassination, but . . . I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it.’”)
From Jerry Rubin to Pat Robertson . . . ‘I don’t know . . . Just Do It!’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home